In the capacity of leadership, one must come to proper terms with a number of realities:
– It’s hard to find and make close friends
– Others are easily intimidated by you
– You become the target of others’ projections, strife, misgivings, and illusory notions
Reminders I tell myself:
– As long as I’m working to show up in the best way I can, I must learn to let go of how other people see and regard me
– It’s often not helpful or kind to anyone if I dull my light in an attempt to lessen people’s inferiority complex reaction
– When anyone shows up big, they become a bigger mirror through which others see themselves reflected – and oftentimes, they don’t like what they see.